The Power of Yet

Tuesday, August 14, 2018
I remember the exact moment my teacher handed me back a paper in sixth grade and it said "E" on it. In that moment, I promised myself that if I became I teacher, I would never put a grade on anyone's paper. I felt so little, so dumb, and worthless.

Have you ever felt that way in school before? I just finished my second round of "Seven Strategies of Assessment for Learning" by Jan Chappuis. This book does not get old. Its one I keep referring back to. If you haven't read it, you should. It will change how you think about your feedback.




Today I am getting ready for a new school year! It will be my 11th year of teaching. As I get ready, I wanted to create a bulletin board that serves as a reminder to all who want to learn. I love it because the most power full words that could have been said to me in sixth grade was "NOT YET."


As I journey into this next year I plan to use some activities too. SEE THE LINK from previous post on Growth Mindset Activities and Parent Guide. about what you can do in your classroom to cultivate growth mindsets right from the start.



Great Song to go another with this board HERE!- the teacher in this video made this song to encourage his students and lead his school!


Set SMART goals with your students

Make a flip book using a photo album
 




No comments