School Supply Must Haves for teachers

Wednesday, August 8, 2018
15 SCHOOL SUPPLY MUST HAVES





I think most teachers love school supplies. For me it is a new set of fresh flair pens! I have complied a list of my favorite must haves for the school year. These are all the supplies that I have found useful in my classroom.

1. Electric Pencil Sharpener- The manual pencil sharpeners are so messy to me. I enjoy the electronic type, but you need to buy one that will last. This is why I recommend the X-acto school pro electric pencil sharpener. This is the only one that I have bought that hasn't broken.








2. Mini-White boards- I love using these for spelling practice, math groups and quick practices, and for review games in class.

  • TIP: You can buy a whole sheet at Lowe's or Home Depot and they will cut them down into the size you need.


3. Dry Erase Markers- A teacher can never have enough of these! I ask for my students to bring their own from the back to school supply list and then I buy a special kind so they kids know which ones are mine and theirs. These are teh ones I use


4. Flip chart paper- I use flip chart paper a lot. I use it in math, reading, and writing workshop. These charts stay up all year and I hang them around the classroom.



5. Sharpie Flip chart markers- These are some of my favorite new markers. I love that they do not leak through the paper. If you make anchor charts, you will want them.



6. Colored Card Stock Paper- Another favorite item that is great to have is colored card stock paper. It is nice to have a pack or two around.


7. Binder Clips- I have these to clip to my mailboxes. This is how I label my student's names.





















8. Magnets- I use magnets all the time. I have a magnet board by my file box, I use my whiteboard and I have students stick their work on their lockers with them.



9. Timer- You can use that phone of yours, but if you are like me, you will set it down and lose it. These are the best for keeping you on track with group work, conferring, student work time, and more. I could not live without one in my classroom.



10. Plastic Caddies- I use plastic caddies for book bins. This is where my 3rd graders store their reading workshop books and materials.



11. Blue Tooth Speaker- I love using the blue tooth speaker because I can transfer the sound to come from my phone rather than my computer. This frees up my computer for other uses if needed.



12. Two-Sided Tape- I use 3mm two sided tape on everything. That sticky putty does not hold up when the walls become humid or too cold.


13. Command Hooks- Command hooks allow me to use more of my wall space to hang things. I hang clip boards, charts, hall passes, my purse, and jacket using these. They are so handy!




14. Sticky Post-it Notes- Post it notes are a must! Did you know that they make them where the whole back is sticky? If not, you need to try them. These notes do a much better job sticking around when you want student responses to last.


15. Sandwich size Zip Lock Bags- Buy a box of these right away, add it to your wish tree too. I find myself pulling these out for students when they loose teeth, need to put a broken piece of jewelry away, or have left overs from lunch. I also organize small pieces to different activities in them.




No comments