First Day of School

Friday, August 24, 2018
I can't help but think of the excitement Nemo had on the first day of school. I get the same way each year. Don't get me wrong. I do mourn the fact that summer is over, however, I crave routine! 



One of my favorite first day activities is a scavenger hunt. I reveal certain routines in the classroom through this activity. It is much more fun than having me stand in front of the class and lecture!


Editable Too!


Speaking of routines. I have a few that are new this year I am trying. Check them out below.

Working with Self Assessment in student learning!


The next one is a noise level chart. I have been wanting a visual for this and now I have created it!




In my classroom. I hope to get those lights next!

CLICK HERE!





Another thing I have to use in my back pocket is a check list for morning routines. I find my disorganized kiddos really need these. I'm thinking it will go on their desk or in their locker!





Morning Routine Resource HERE!

CLICK HERE!






We will begin discussing math workshop together! This is one of my favorite times of the day.


 



I can't forget to mention two of my favorite books to read on the first day of school as well. 






Looking forward to a good year and I hope you are too!

No comments