New Year Planning and Prep

Tuesday, December 15, 2020




 

We are in the last days before Christmas Break. How are you holding up? I'm sure you are more than ready for a well-deserved break. 


I love the holiday break, and often I just want to get on with it. Therefore, I do not plan before I go. Leaving me at least a workday over the vacation. When I do this, I start to think about all the things I haven't done and it can put a damper on my vacation. Does that happen to you??


Here is what I am learning!


 Be Intentional
Before going on break start to make an outline of the weekly outlook. Begin pulling copies for that week. Maybe even get someone to do your copies for you (such as a parent volunteer)

 Limit your work time
If you must work over break, set boundaries for yourself. Block out or ink in a date/time that you will work and stick to it. This year more than ever, we all need a break from all the thins school-related!

 Grade Smart
Grading is important because it is the feedback or conversation about growth between you and your students. However, there are easier ways to do it. Try these tips: Keep comments short, use volunteers to grade the easy stuff (homework, quizzes..etc), DON'T grade every assignment a student completes. Only the ones that will drive your instruction for the next things you need to accomplish.



Do you need some activities for planning and prep?


Non-Fiction Reading

All About the Winter Sports- These article pages were designed as a way for you to "hook" your students on the topic Winter Sports. You can display the article pages on your document camera as a whole group or print and display during small group instruction.

Real life photographs will enhance your students understanding of winter sports games. I've also provided sheets for students to write a summary.

Graphic Organizers- These graphic organizers and worksheets can be used however you wish! I tried to offer you many different options to help meet the needs of your diverse group. 


Are you looking for LOW PREP writing activities this month? January LOW PREP writing crafts are easy to incorporate into your January lessons plans. The work great if you are following common core standards for opinion writing. Nice and quick practice for your students that they will enjoy. You can display on a bulletin board or locker as well.




These winter STEM and Activities are LOW PREP and include: a crack the code puzzle (1-2, 2-3, and 4-5 version), writing craftivity (I like winter because...), graphing with winter objects, STEM challenges (Design and Igloo, Ice Cube Challenge, and Snowball Chute).






How about some Videos to help Aid in Learning about the New Year??









No comments